§ 1 - Automatic data transmission
(1) Ensuring your privacy when using our websites is very important to us.
(2) Robbe & Berking Silbermanufaktur seit 1874 GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter referred to as Robbe & Berking) collects various pieces of data and information about you via this website:
a) Web server logs
You can in principle visit Robbe & Berking’s websites without notifying to us who you are. However, as is typically the case for virtually all servers, the server on which our websites are hosted (hereinafter referred to as the "web server") automatically collects information about you if you visit our website.
The web server automatically recognises certain personal data such as your IP address, the date and time of day when you are on our website, the pages you visit within our website, the website that you were on previously, the browser that you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer), the operating system that you are using (e.g. Windows XP) as well as the domain name and address of your Internet service provider (e.g. AOL).
Robbe & Berking regularly analyses these server logs anonymously for statistical purposes (clickstream analysis) so that we are able to ascertain how our websites are being used. We are then able to optimise our web presence on the basis of these findings. In addition, we can also use this information together with your Internet service provider and/or local authorities in the event of a misuse of the system to locate the originator of such misuse.
Some of Robbe & Berking’s websites use so-called cookie technology. A cookie is a piece of information which is sent from our web server to your computer (or, more precisely, stored in your browser directory) once you visit the website.
We use the following cookies on some of our websites:
Session cookies. These cookies exist only up to the point when you end your Internet session and completely close your browser. They do not contain any personal data and are only used for statistical purposes to analyse interest in our websites.
Third-party cookies on our websites. We allow third parties to place cookies on your computer via these websites. This is done for the use of Google Analytics, a traffic analytics service based in the USA (for more information see § 3).
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is typically transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the USA. In cases of activated IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other countries which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Under the authority of the website operator, Google shall use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and to provide additional services relating to website and Internet usage vis-à-vis the website operator. In the case of Google Analytics your IP address transmitted by your browser shall not be merged with other data by Google. You can prevent cookies being stored via a corresponding setting in your browser software; we would also point out that in this case you may not be able to completely utilise all functions of the website. Furthermore you can prevent the collection generated by the cookie and your use of the data related to the website (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in at the following link: Plugin.
There are several ways to suppress, display and remove cookies stored on your computer. This depends on the browser that you are using. Should you encounter difficulties, we recommend that you consult the manufacturer's website, which will provide you with the necessary information. If you decide that no cookies are to be stored on your computer you will still have access to most of our websites. However, there may be certain functions that you are no longer able to use.
§ 2 - Collection, processing, utilisation and transmission of personal data
(1) Except in the context of the web server logs and cookies, Robbe & Berking shall collect data about you only if you disclose it to us in order to use one of the services offered by us (e.g. requests for information material, enquiries). This data is then processed and/or used exclusively to perform the service in question. Robbe & Berking may process and save data related to the respective contracts if this is deemed necessary to execute and implement the contract and to the extent Robbe & Berking is obliged to retain such data on the basis of statutory provisions.
§ 3 - International data transfer
Data is transferred to the USA as part of the use of Google Analytics for traffic analytics services. This data is anonymous and includes, for example, information regarding the use and time spent on websites, but does not contain any personal information.
§ 4 – Payment processing
(1) In order to process payments, the user shall be forwarded to the PayPal website (www.paypal.com/de) when using the PayPal payment service within the ordering process. An appropriate PayPal user account is required in order to use PayPal.
(2) Data is then forwarded to Payone (http://www.payone.de/) during the ordering process in the event Payone is used as an alternative payment option (credit card, direct debit).
§ 5 – Protecting privacy, security
(1) Robbe & Berking undertakes to protect the privacy of the user and ensures that it will collect, process and use personal data in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz), and shall only process and use such data in order to fulfil the purposes defined in § 2. The company shall obligate its staff accordingly.
(2) Robbe & Berking wishes to point out that the transmission of data on the Internet is not secure and hence there is a risk of the data being intercepted and used by third parties. Customers are also welcome to contact us by mail or telephone at any time.
§ 6 - Links to other websites
§ 7 - User rights
(1) The user shall enjoy the rights of access, correction and deletion guaranteed under the German Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) as regards personal data; these rights must be exercised by means of a written letter or e-mail to the point of contact stated under § 8.
(2) The customer is therefore entitled in particular to ensure the correction of inaccurate data and deletion of data that is no longer required, unless such data must be retained under the terms of other statutory provisions. In such cases, the customer shall have the right to block the data.
§ 8 – Responsible body in terms of data protection law
The point of contact for all data protection queries and the exercising of the various rights described in § 7 is:
Robbe & Berking Silbermanufaktur seit 1874 GmbH & Co. KG
Zur Bleiche 47
Tel: 0461 - 903060
CEO: Oliver Berking
Data Protection Officer: Klaus Arnold
VAT registration number: DE134637771
Registration court: Flensburg
Register number: HRA 382 FL
As at: October 2013